Twitter

Wednesday 4 January 2012

The Filofax Personal Deco in Ebony. A review

The Deco has always been a fascinating Filofax to me. Filofax describe it as, "Wonderfully decadent, the Deco personal organiser echoes a bygone era of glamour and elegance". They are right. It is gorgeous. The Deco is made from Italian calf leather with a micro crocodile print. Inside is cream pigskin suede interior. I kept eyeing it up and wondering whether to buy it, then after working things out and counting up christmas money I decided to go for it. The deco can be bought here at Filofax but when I decided to buy it they were out of stock. So I phoned up the lovely Dee at the Neal Street shop, and was pleased to find out that they had some.

My Deco was dispatched yesterday by special delivery and I am now pleased to share it with you.
This post will be photo heavy from now on
:)

It arrived in fantastic condition.

On opening the box there was my receipt.

Then there was a complimentary pack which consisted of To do sheets, finance sheets, and A-Z telephone number tabs.

The Deco came wrapped in the customary Filofax tissue paper. And then.....................................................

THE DECO.
As soon as I saw her I knew I had made the right choice.

The texture is lovely. The colour is a deep brown and the clasp is fabulous.

Then I opened up the Filofax.

The deco has Six vertical credit card pockets with a full-length pocket behind those. It also has a full-length zipped pocket. The pen loop is slightly elasticated so you don't have to worry about the size of the pen you use in there.

The Deco came with cotton cream inserts.

I have never used cotton cream before and it is lovely paper.

The diary is a week on two pages in just English.

Then there are cream tab dividers consisting of Diary, Notes, Projects, Information, Financial and Addresses.

The Deco has a brown Today marker with it, and To do sheets.

It also has both lined and plain notepaper.

Address sheets.

A-Z tabs with two letters per tab.

Inside the back cover there is a full size pocket with a popper fastening.

It is expandable and therefore very roomy.

My overall impression of the Filofax Deco is that it is amazing. I love it, and wish I had bought one sooner. The zip compartment is a bit too snug for my liking really, but the pocket at the back more than makes up for it. Measuring in at 150x200 mm it is bigger than the Personal Malden (140x192mm) but doesn't feel big at all.

Top marks for this Filofax!!!! It is the best purchase I have made. I am going to have a lot of fun with her.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely. It's a present to yourself that you can enjoy every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is a bit extravagant, but now I have her she was worth it. Just need to choose a name for her. Xx
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful! Beautiful filo and terrific images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanx. I never know how good the photos come out as I take them on my iPhone and then create the blog on it too. Very rarely use cameras or computers where blogging is concerned.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Lovely addition. I love that they hand wrote your address on the package!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. My present to myself (Actually Santa brought it!!) was a Scanda Personal. Just as well Santa got it when he did because I believe it has been discontinued.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hoping for an update on what you've done with this filofax.... :)

    ReplyDelete